“The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated”, this quote says a lot about the significance of animal rights.
We ought to protect tame and wild animals from nuisances such as hunting, loud noises, and so on. Many people realize this and adopt cats, dogs, and other species, and give them a wonderful life. That’s why industries for products which satisfy different needs of pets such as pet food, pet doors, etc. have developed a lot.
However, in spite of taking all necessary measures, you may skip a thing or two, due to time constraint or stress. A pet door is installed in the house to give the pet freedom to go out and come in as and when he wants to. But, would you want that the same door becomes the reason for your pet to fall ill or catch infection? Absolutely not! And hence, just getting it fixed is not enough and you must take due care to clean the pet door flap regularly and properly.
Below steps can make your pet doors in Melbourne look like new:
- Take a mild cleaner, for example, the detergent powder used to clean dishes, and mix it in a bowl of lukewarm water. Avoid ammonia-based cleaner at all costs.
- Dip a soft cloth in the bowl.
- Now clean the flap and adjacent areas with the cloth.
- After this, rub dry cloth or paper towel, on the flap for a clear view.
Apart from the including the cleaning task in your schedule, you can also take a note of the following points:
- If the pet door in your house is coated with vinyl, make sure to get UV retardant applied to it for protection from sunlight, dirt, and grime.
- If your dog or cat is dirty, pet door is bound to have stains. While you cannot control how dirty your pet gets outside the home, you can ensure that he is clean whenever he goes out.
- Keep a mat near the flap and train your pet to use the same for cleaning himself whenever he comes in or goes out.
We educate all our customers on how to clean the pet door and prevent damage at all points of time. We use pet doors of standard quality and have expertise in pet door installation.